Zotero 6 & Sonoma 14.3

Is Zotero 6 loaded on a iMac running Sonoma 14.3 advisable or stable? Or should I wait for Zotero 7 to come out of Beta?
  • Zotero 6 works fine on sonoma
  • How come Zotero is not offered or downloadable from Apple's App Store? I feel much more comfortable downloading from the apple'e App Store. thank you.
  • App stores are a huge hassle to deal with (including significantly delaying new releases with at times quite unfortunate consequences -- security issues, compatibility issues, delayed critical bugfixes). Since exiting the Firefox one more than a decade ago, Zotero has been avoiding them unless absolutely required (Chrome, iOS, Android).
  • Okay, so I download Zotero to my iMac running Sonoma. When I attempted to install Zotero, I received a message saying I had to install Rosetta because Zotero cannot run on Apple silicon Macs such as mine without Rosetta installed. "Rosetta enables Intel-based features to run on Apple silicon Macs". So this is not discussed in the download instructions. I hear Zotero 7 is coming out of Beta soon. Is the new version 7 compatible with Apple silicon Macs? Thank you again!
  • Yes, Zotero 7 is silicone native