IOS- Open multiple files with tab navigation

New feature! I think that it can ben useful to open multiple files and switch from each other with a tab on the top of the screen like the desktop version.
  • I second this feature request. The inability to easily switch documents is my only complaint about Zotero's otherwise excellent iOS app.
  • Bump. This is without a doubt the most important missing functionality in the iOS app (for me).

I'm not sure if Zotero is interested in creating a [bounty system](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_bounty), but I would happily pay $100 for this feature.
  • edited March 12, 2023
    Are you aware you can create new windows by touching the 3 dots located at the top? And navigate between windows as well? Or maybe I am misunderstanding your request
  • Thanks for the suggestion! That feature is more like "panes" than tabs though. I want only one paper visible at a time but for it to be easy to quickly switch between a set of open papers (just like tabs in a browser)
  • You can navigate between a set of open papers this way. This is what I do
  • Ahh I had misunderstood your comment. I thought you were referring to the feature where you can have two windows on screen at once. The windows feature is new to me. This is indeed almost the same as tabs! Many thanks!!

I’m going to walk back that $100 offer :P
  • Sorry for the bad wording
  • @poettli Thanks for pointing this out. This is great!
  • Thank you, I too did not realise you can have two Zotero screens open at the same time on an iPad. Brilliant.
  • I still think tab navigation would be a nice feature to have.
    It would make the usage more similar to the desktop app.
  • Having the ability to have multiple windows open on iPad is great. What is missing, is the proper naming (Title or so) of those windows. Please refer to the screen print.
    I‘m often lost and can‘t find the window/document I‘d like to read
    It would be great to have the documents title or maybe the author including year (Bond James, 1992) or something like that.
    Beside of that a great app which syncs perfectly with my other zotero instances on my other devices!
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u6389321/ip4xlfic5c9hn04vhyh8.jpg