Issue with Zotero Built-in PDF Viewer Unable to Display TextsCorrectly - Attached Image and PDF for

Hello Zotero community,

I hope this post finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I've been facing while using Zotero on Windows. Specifically, I'm encountering difficulties in viewing the text content of a PDF file downloaded from https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-29040-4 using Zotero's built-in PDF viewer. Interestingly, a friend using Zotero on a Mac platform does not experience the same problem.

I've taken some basic troubleshooting steps, such as redownloading the file and updating Zotero, but the issue persists. Since the PDF displays correctly on my friend's Mac, I'm curious if this is a platform-specific problem on Windows or if there are alternative solutions to explore.

I've already reached out to the Zotero Support Team via email, and they suggested I open a thread here for better follow-up. Please note that I've sent the problematic PDF and an image illustrating the issue via email. Any insights or guidance on resolving this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.