My Publications collection is (partially) empty

Initially, when I logged into Zetero this morning my *My Publications* collection had a bunch of entries with associated data and tags. They were shown as a list that I could select from.

An hour or two later, after creating some new collections and adding some new entries, I revisited the "My Publications" collection and noticed that all the prior entries are missing. There are no entries listed, however, the *tags* associated with those entries are still present and visible. This tells me the publications are not actually gone, but there's a problem with displaying them.

Chrome DevTools show that "manifest.json" isn't being retrieved due to 404 error. This seemed suspicious so tried visiting the homepage, noticed I was no longer logged in, proceeded to re-login (again), and tried viewing the "My Publications" collection again. At this point, I am logged in but there is still nothing listed and I still see a 404 error associated with `manifest.json`.

The other collections, including ones I created this morning, still work as expected. But for some reason the "My Publications" collection is broken. Has anyone encountered and resolved this? The documents I'm looking for do appear in the overall "My Library" collection but the "My Publications" collection is seemingly broken.
  • edited January 13, 2024
    Missing "manifest.json" file is completely unrelated and has no effect on web library's functionality. We will look into this but this missing file error visible on console can be safely ignored.

Is it possible that you've deleted these entries while browsing other parts of the library and these are now in trash? In Zotero, collections are not folders, removing an item will remove it from the library, not from a folder, see The Zotero Collections Model
  • That's good to know. The error message repeated a lot but I agree it's not clear it's directly related.

You can view screenshots of my problem here: https://imgur.com/a/zLqP4EC