[Bug] EPUB Reader page index never change when use scroll mode

I recently used zotero's epub reader and found a bug. When I switched to scroll mode, the page number did not change with the content scrolling, but always showed the last-jumped page. This made me confused and I didn't know which page I was reading. I wonder if this is a common bug or if it's just me. I posted on the zotero forum to report this bug, hoping to get a reply and a fix from the developers. I think zotero's epub reader is still very useful, but this bug makes me a bit inconvenient. If you also encounter the same problem, or have any solutions, please tell me on the forum.

*The text above were generated by chatGPT according to the title :)
  • Thanks! This should be fixed in the next beta.
  • Hi, @AbeJellinek
    In beta.38, the page label do change but mostly incorrect.
  • @volatile-static: Could you please email the EPUB to support@zotero.org?
  • OK, thanks. A fix will be in the next beta.
  • I'm also noticing strange behavior with page numbers. I haven't figured out why, but sometimes the same EPUB file in zotero will show page numbers at the top of the window (in the same way that zotero's UI indicated page numbers in PDF files), and the page number will progress as I move to the next page. I can even make annotations, and the correct page number will appear in the annotation on the side. Other times, the numbers will be blank/empty. And other times, the page number will get "stuck" and stop progressing. I've analyzed this EPUB file and noticed that it includes data for page number elements like: <a id="page14"><span epub:type="pagebreak" id="pg14" title="14"></span></a>
  • @aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: Could you please send the EPUB(s) in which you notice that issue to support@zotero.org? Include a link to this thread. We'll take a look.