"Report" citation without/with author: how to include the organization in the bibliography?

Hi there,
I saw one or 2 threads about adjacent issues but couldn't find the answer here. Hope you can help.

How do I add the elusive "publisher" field to REPORT type of documents?? I mean, institution is there, but for some reason its left out of the actual citation. So, where I don't have the author, I write the institution's name in that field, but often I need the publisher in addition for the parent organization. Also, when there ARE authors -- there's nowhere to include the organization at all. Not sure WHY is this do difficult..

Thanks in advance for any insight.
  • edited December 27, 2023
    What citation style are you using? The style governs what field will be printed, with what formatting, etc. Some will use the publishing organization field for reports, others will not.

This tool is useful when you try to identify one or a few styles among the thousands of existing ones: https://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/
  • Institution is mapped to the CSL ‘publisher’ variable. Whether it is shown or not depends on the citation style you are using.

Note that in most cases, you should enter an institutional author for a report in the Author field (in single-field mode), rather than in the Publisher field.