Zotero Integration Error

edited December 21, 2023
Zotero could not load the component necessary to communicate with your word processor. Go to tools-add ons-Extension in Zotero and make sure that the extension for your word processor is enabled.

I have gone to tools under Microsoft Word - to templates and add-ins. Under Document templates: it shows Normal.dotm. Under Global Templates and add-ins it show that Zotero.dotm is checked. U346G9.Office/User content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/Zotero.dotm.

so now what am I suppose to do. to get rid of this error message.
  • Which Zotero version and which operating system?
    Note that the error message is about tools --> add-ons in Zotero, not in Word.
  • Hi Adam, Thanks for your suggestion. However, I went to tools under Zotero and enabled my word processor. I turned Zotero off, turn my laptop off, and when I tried it again I got the same response. I did this a couple of times. I just started Zotero about a month ago , the Zotero version I have is 6.0.30, My Mac OS is Sonoma 14.1.2.
    Jane Sesser
  • Can you provide a Report ID from Zotero?
  • Hi Adam,
    I submitted a report ID. the ID is 89072670.
    thanks for your help.
    Jane Sesser
  • That's not a valid Report ID. Can you try again? Be sure to copy and paste rather than retyping.
  • Hi Adam,
    I am sorry but I am not able to cut and paste the Zotero Error Report. I have submitted this again this evening 3 times. The last Report id is 797735823.
    Jane Sesser
  • (I'm not "Adam".)
    Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.30, extension, disabled), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (6.0.10.SA.6.0.30, extension, disabled)
    You still have the integration plugins disabled in Tools → Add-ons.
  • HI "not Adam" (dstillman), Thanks for your help. I am not sure what I did but I looked around tools a little more and now it is working as expected.
    thanks for your help. Maybe you did something on your end, I don't know.
    Jane Sessers
  • dstillman is Dan Stillman, the lead developer of Zotero and the most supportive developer of any software development project ever. And, "Adam" is not really Adam. Under his username he is one of the more active volunteers here who offer technical support. I am so very glad and thankful that each of these men exist.