Zotero 7 Beta: PDF Reader – Ability to Highlight and Annotate in Split View

Love Zotero 7 Beta and have been using it for months with great delight! One little request: Reading academic articles I often use the split-view feature to open the Endnotes in a smallish split window beneath the main reader window. Unfortunately, the annotation tools (highlighting, making notes etc) don't work in the second split. It would be great if this was possible and the second split allowed highlights and annotatations as does the first.
  • Which version of Zotero 7 Beta are you using? Which OS?
    Do you mean the Split Horizontally feature available from a right-click in the PDF viewer?
    This was not possible in Zotero 6, but it is has been working for me on Zotero 7 Beta for quite some time already. I am currently using Zotero 7.0.0-beta.53+969031a37 (64-bit) on Windows 10.
  • edited December 12, 2023
    Was using v. 7.0.0-beta.52+969031a37 and have now manually updated to v53. Either that update or the restart of the app have brought (or brought back) the functionality wished for. This is simply great! @mjthoraval: Thanks for indicating the version number in your post – looking at which made me disbelieve the update checker's claim that I'm up to date. All working well now.
  • (There's a bug in the beta where Check for Updates will say you're up to date if an update has already been downloaded. Restarting the app applies the queued update.)