OPEN ZOTERO

I cant start the app, i have tried downloading it again, but it did not worked
  • What exactly is happening?
  • Please provide details. Do you get a Zotero icon? Does Zotero appear among your other applications? Even if you are not comfortable with computers someone here can probably help.

Where did you download the Zotero application? From Zotero.org?

What operating system? Windows, Mac? other?

If English is difficult for you, ask in your best language.
  • yes, i downloaded Zotero from Zotero.org, version 6 for windows.

i tried deleting it and downloading it again, but it did not work

And yes, i do get a Zotero icon and it appears between oders applications.

idk what to do next, some tips? thanks

its so weird because the last time i used it, everything worked fine, but not anymore
  • i have deleted anything related with zotero on my pc, waited, turned off my pc, then turning it on and downloading it again, and, nothing, i need this for college and i need to do an essay due on friday, im desperate right now
  • edited November 27, 2023
    @somigar2
    I suggest you can download the zipped/portable version of Zotero that requires no installation. Just unzip it and double click the Zotero icon and it should work:
    https://www.zotero.org/download/client/dl?channel=release&platform=win32-zip
    This will not change your Zotero database or anything if you already have one.
    Hope this helps
  • (That link from @agam2222 was to the beta version of Zotero. That's not something most people should be using or that someone should be given without warning, so I've changed it to the Zotero 6 Windows ZIP.)

@somigar2: Beyond trying the ZIP version as a temporary measure, you'd have to tell us what exactly is happening, which you still haven't done. We can't help you if you just say something isn't working.
  • okey,
    so when i downloaded Zotero for the first time, everything went well, i have used it so many times without any problem, but last friday, when i clickled on the Zotero icon nothing happened, so i tried going to Firefox to add something to Zotero and it said Zotero was not running. I went to Word and same thing happened, so i deleted Zotero, installed it again from Zotero.org but nothing.
    So i deleted everything related to Zotero, the conexion to Word and to Firefox, everything.
    Tried again, and nothing, i dont know what else can i say, now that i have downloaded Zotero again, it has not created a conexion with Word...
    Theres no error apearing anywhere it just wont run
    im sorry i dont know what else i can say for explaining the situation, idk much abaut pcs.
    Thanks
  • So you're double-clicking the Zotero icon but nothing is appearing on screen?

Have you tried restarting your computer?
  • yes, i double-cliked on the Zotero icon, also open the location on my PC of the app, and double-cliked on Zotero there, but nothing.
    yes i have restarted my computer twice
  • What exact Windows version is this? Are you running any third-party security software that might be interfering?

Have you tried opening zotero.exe from the ZIP linked above?
  • windows 10 home

yes, i tried from the ZIP, nothing
  • well i have to say that when i double-click on Zotero icon, the blue circle (when the sistem is thinking, you know, the blue cicle), appears but then it stops and nothing else happens idk if you know what i mean
  • Make sure you’re running an up-to-date version of Windows.

You can also try the Zotero 7 beta, just in case that somehow helps.

Beyond that, if you’re running any third-party (non-Microsoft) security software, you could try disabling it. If it still doesn’t work, you’d probably have to ask your IT help desk. This is some sort of problem on your system that they would have to troubleshoot.