Connector is working fine, but wrong icon is displaying (PrimoVE)

Hello,

In our recently acquired Primo VE, we've noticed the following issue. The connector icon always appears as a book. The connector itself is working OK and importing the correct metadata, but we'd like it to behave as intended, and morph into the article icon when it detects an article, and so on.
  • additional note: this happens when I use other libraries' Primo, in both Chrome and Firefox. I feel like it must be a known issue, but my searches on this forum and Google don't seem to work to pull it up. What does the connector use to decide which icon form to take?
  • We always need an example URL for problems related to saving.
  • ok - but this issue is only about the form the connector icon takes. Saving isn't affected. It is recognizing and importing data correctly.

Here is a permalink to a Primo record that is a journal article. The connector icon takes the form of a book (as it does with all records in our Primo, as well as that of two other libraries that I've checked).

https://lmu.primo.exlibrisgroup.com/permalink/01LMU_INST/keordb/cdi_proquest_journals_613344645

Hovering over the connector produces the text "Save to Zotero (Primo 2018)"
  • edited October 5, 2023
    The translator is not coded to detect the item type on page load -- the only things it shows are either the folder for multiple or the book for individual items.
    I think the decision was this was too fragile to be worthwhile since, as you say, it doesn't actually impact the quality of the import. We do this for a couple of translators when detecting item type from the page is simply not reliable enough.
  • Thanks for this info! When you say "not coded" I'm assuming you mean "not coded for Primo" as it works a little differently in an Ebsco database (although there, it morphs into the article icon for individual items).
  • edited October 6, 2023
    Correct, yes, this is individually coded for every database/discovery layer/CMS