How does Zotero→BibLaTex map (Item Type)→(Entry Types)

I am using Zotero+Overleaf and would like to know exactly how Zotero maps to biblatex entry types. Is there a table somewhere?
  • https://github.com/zotero/translators/blob/master/BibLaTeX.js#L135
    There are likely some special cases that require reading more of the code, but mostly that's it.
  • edited October 4, 2023
    Thanks, that was precisely what I was looking for. It is a little concerning that we cannot explicitly decide the entry type. I was trying to have something as a @Manual in BibLaTex and it seems there is no option in Zotero to automate this.
  • You can do that using the Better BibTeX add-on. You can't go through the built in Zotero integration in Overleaf, but there are a couple of threads on here that describe how you can set that up to work seamlessly
  • @adamsmith, Yeah, I just read how to do that, it seems little fiddly. As much as I like Zotero I think might switch over to JabRef since my entire workflow is in LaTeX.
  • You're probably thinking of a postscript when you say fiddly, but you can just add a line with

tex.entrytype: manual

in the extra field.
  • edited October 4, 2023
    @emilianoeheyns What I mean by fiddly, is if I want complete control of the BibLaTeX entry type and entry fields I will need to basically by hand put everything in the Zotero extra field.
  • You’d really have to say more about that because that’s really not the case—many latex users use Zotero without much intervention
  • Sure, but if the requirement really is "I want exact control over Biblatex output" rather than just "I want things to work smoothly," the. a native Biblatex app like JabRef really does make more sense
  • What I mean by fiddly, is if I want complete control of the BibLaTeX entry type and entry fields I will need to basically by hand put everything in the Zotero extra field.
    If you have a mapping you want to have applied consistently over all items, that's handled by postscripts. You set that once and then it does the work for you.