Issue displaying comments on annotations

I have been using Zotero for over a year and earlier this week the comments on my annotations stopped appearing in the summary within the pdf. I still have the annotations listed but they appear blank in the panel. Luckily, when I close the summary panel and click on a note or highlighted text the comment appears and I can see my notes. I have deleted and redownloaded my Zotero, checked for updates across my devices and gone through my settings to no avail.

I’m glad the comments are still available but I need them in the summary screen to effectively use them in classes and my personal research. Does anyone have any advice.
  • I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here, and also provide a Report ID? (You can also email the screenshot to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread if you prefer. We'll respond here either way.)
  • edited September 22, 2023
    Absolutely, the screenshots are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d1bGdK6Eg0dSF1hgZuVW8jHV5VusO2Ok
    My debug ID is: D1451790365

When I add annotations to a document I can access them in the in pdf left summary panel but if I close the document and reopen it they are no longer displayed in the panel and can only be accessed by closing it and clicking on the individual annotation. The images in the folder have comments detailing what happened in writing and I recreated the issue for the debug ID. Thanks so much for the help!
  • Having the exact same issue