Scannable cite function adds forename

I am using the "scannable cite" function, as my thesis is written in Zotero.

I had tested it a while ago, and it seemed to work fine, but I have one reference that comes out strangely.
The test says { | Lefevere, 1982 |p. 6 | |zu:4930606:R5JLXEQK}
... but instead of coming out simply as "Lefevere 6" in MLA, it comes as "Andre Lefevere 6".

Does anyone know why Zotero would add the forename, just for this reference?

When the scannable cite reads { |-Lefevere, 1982 |p. 4 | |zu:4930606:R5JLXEQK}, it comes out normally, as just the page number.

I have checked if I might have entered the name in one field, but the two names are in separate fields, as they should be.
  • Almost certainly a data issue -- you likely have this entered as Andre Lefevere in a single field in Zotero (check the bibliograph and the corresponding entry, which I believe you can get by pasting R5JLXEQK into the quick search bar in all fields and tags mode)
  • Thank you very much for your prompt answer. It WAS indeed a mistake on my part.

I have just understood what happened. It might help someone else, who knows?

I had several works by André Lefevere, and one by Andre Lefevere (forgot the accent).

Normally, if I have Timothy Hampton and Wayne Hampton, I will get T. Hampton and W. Hampton to differentiate, but in this case, the only difference was the accent, so it gave me the full name.

Incredibly smart, these things ;-)