Openoffice won't work with Zotero

Hi,

I've installed the latest beta version of Zotero (2.0b7.4) and the relevant Openoffice extension. However the toolbar does not appear in Oo no matter now many times I reinstall it. I've had a look at the extension manager in Oo and the Zotero plugin is grayed out. It also says "Error: The status of this extension is unknown" - not very helpful. I was wondering has anyone else had a similar problem?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 with Openoffice 3 and Firefox 3.0.14
  • Under Firefox Add-ons, have you gone to Zotero OpenOffice Integration > Settings and hit Reinstall OpenOffice.org Components?
  • I can confirm this behavior.
    I'm running Zotero 2.0b7.4 with Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.0a5 on Ubuntu 9.04, OpenOffice 3.0.1, and Firefox 3.0.14.
    This was working with Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.0a4 (everything else the same) but broke on the upgrade.

Unsuccessful attempt to resolve this:
    I have tried removing /home/$USER/.openoffice.org/3/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ with both Firefox and OpenOffice closed, then first restarting Firefox, reinstalling the plugin (Tools->Add-ons->Zotero OpenOffice Integration Preferences->Reinstall Openoffice.org Components). Close and reopen Firefox, then Reopen Openoffice, still no toolbar.
  • Links to cache path seems a bad idea... try to open a console and type locate ridl.jar, then enter the good path. By example, if you get "/usr/lib/ure/share/java/ridl.jar", type "/usr/lib/ure/share/java/" in preferences of openoffice integration.