"Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection." during syncing

This discussion was created from comments split from: "Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection".
  • I am getting this same error message. I reviewed the document page cited above. I use Mac OS 13.5.1 (updated today), and all poxy settings in the operating system are off. I have had this problem on two different networks. Is there a possibility other than proxy issues? (I also have unlimited storage.) thank you.
  • It would be proxy settings, security software with HTTPS scanning, or an actual network problem. If you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option, we might be able to tell you more, but the linked page has most of what we can say on this.
  • My Debug ID is D86970927

thanks
  • edited August 29, 2023
    That's not from Zotero startup. Again, this should be with the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option, and logging should continue until you trigger the error.
  • new Debug ID with this procedure is D675235723

thanks
  • Ah, OK, so this is actually a totally different problem from the issue described on that page. You're getting this error specifically during syncing, and for a specific sync request. All other network requests in Zotero are working normally.
    (3)(+0000031): POST body gzipped from 502434 to 163077; 68% savings

[…]

(1)(+0005182): HTTP POST https://api.zotero.org/users/67990/fulltext failed with status code 0

(2)(+0000000): Channel status was 2152398919

(2)(+0000003): Channel status was 2152398919

(3)(+0000001): [ConcurrentCaller] Error in function (0/4, 0 in queue)

(1)(+0000001): Error: Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection.
    It's a specific large request during full-text content syncing that's failing for you.

To debug this further, the first step would be your getting onto Zotero 7, either the Zotero 7 beta now or the release version later.

If you don't want to run the beta, you can just ignore this for now and follow up once you've upgraded to Zotero 7. The rest of your data is continuing to sync.
  • this issue persists with 7 beta: "Error connecting to server. Check your Internet connection." I have verified that all proxies are disabled. The laptop without this issue is updating normally, so that's what you're seeing on the servers. This second laptop is not.
  • Hi @dstillman, I am experiencing the same connection issue (error connection to server). I am not using any proxy. My Debug id is D828470266. Could you please check for me what the problem is?