Deleting Attachments From Group Library

I opened up a group library and instructed all my contributors to turn off "sync full-text
content" thinking that would prevent PDFs from being uploaded and eating into my storage quota (rookie mistake). I now know the option they need to turn off is "Sync attachment files in group libraries using Zotero storage."

Most of the attachments are my own and are eating into the storage quota (approx 150 MB of PDFs accidentally synced). I have turned off the sync attachment files option and tried removing the PDF attachments on both my desktop client and the online portal for Zotero from the group library. However, my quota still shows I'm using 150 MB. I've removed over 80 MB of attachments from the group library but nothing has changed.

What am I doing wrong? How do I permanently delete attachments from the group library so that I can make more space?
  • By default, deleted items are sent to the trash temporarily. To make sure the deletions are complete, you need to finish by deleting them from the group library's trash by emptying it.

If you don't want to sync files at all for the group, you can also change the library settings to not have any files synced.

https://www.zotero.org/groups > Manage Library > No group file storage