Problems with Synchronizing via WebDAV

When trying to set up synchronization and enter my institutions WebDAV-login data and press "check server", nothing happens, except for a notification popping up, saying "request timed out". I checked login data and the link multiple times and made sure I put them in correctly. What can I do to make it work?

My ID is: 2031923699
  • edited August 15, 2023
    If you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a Verify Server attempt we can take a look, but it pretty much just means what it says — the request to the WebDAV server address you entered is timing out.
  • D1485192657.
  • (3)(+0000001): HTTP PROPFIND "<propfind xmlns='DAV:'><prop><getcontentlength/></prop></propfind>" to https://[…]@[…]/[…]/zotero/

(3)(+0000001): {
    "Depth": 0
    "Content-Type": "text/xml; charset=utf-8"
    }

(1)(+0030006): Error: Request timed out
    Yeah, that's just a timeout after 30 seconds for a PROPFIND request to your WebDAV server.
  • @dstillman, I'm having a similar issue (Report ID: 388769124).

When I choose to download files "as needed," WebDAV works fine. But when I choose to download them "at sync time," I only get this error, even with a very small test library.

Would it help if I were to adjust how long Zotero waits to ingest new attachments via WebDAV? (And if so, how would I do that?)

Thanks so much for any insight you might be able to provide.
  • @dstark: We'd have to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) to say more, but the timeout above is after 30 seconds. It's not really reasonable for a request to take longer than that, so that's not configurable.
  • Thanks, @dstillman. Here's a pertinent debug ID: D2098087932.

Any thoughts you might have from it would be most welcome.

Thanks, again!
  • edited September 5, 2023
    Yeah, some requests to your WebDAV server are just timing out — and these are just normal requests for regular files. Others are going through. Nothing more we can tell you, I'm afraid. This isn't a problem with Zotero itself.
  • Thanks, @dstillman. I appreciate your having a look.