Connector for Firefox hides Zotero Item Selector

When I try to import multiple items at once, Zotero opens the Zotero Item Selector and immediately minimizes it in the background. It cannot be made visible (restored, resized, maximised).
I am using Firefox 104.0 and Zotero Connector 5.0.97. I have exactly the same version of Firefox and Zotero Connector on another machine and it works fine.
I have restarted Firefox, uninstalled and reinstalled the Zotero Connector Extension, to no avail.
  • That sounds like something some other software on your computer is doing. The browser extension just opens a new window, and wouldn't even be able to do what you're describing.
  • I have the same problem using Firefox 102.5.0esr and Zotero 6.0.26.
    I found that the problem does not appear when using Google Chrome as a browser, so I am using this as a workaround for now.
    However, I would be very interested in finding out what other software or settings could be causing this problem.
  • Hello folks!
    Same Problem here. Using Firefox 116.0.2 (64-bit) and Zotero Connector 5.0.111 and Zotero Standalone 6.0.26 on Windows 11.

I've found out, that it does not minimize to the background but put on the right end of the monitor (but outside it, as if the monitor was 20 cm longer to the right).

A workaround is:
    - Press Alt+Space, this opens the left corner menu of the second instance of Firefox.
    - Then with the arrow-key, you can press two times down (to select "Move Window" on the menu) and press enter.
    - Then you can press the left-arrow-key to move the window to the left, so it incorporates to your screen.

It is a nasty workaround, but it's the only way to make this work in my system for now :(