Zotero Chrome Connector cause js errors in other applications

I used the latest version of Chrome (116.0.5845.97) and Zotero Chrom Connector (5.0.112).

Zotero Connector caused js errors in other applications. Step to reproduce this error

* Install/enable Zotero Connector in Chrome
* Go to this link: https://projectify-test.tiddlyhost.com/
* Type any texts in the input "Add to inbox".
* Cause an error

```
Internal JavaScript Error
Well, this is embarrassing. It is recommended that you restart TiddlyWiki by refreshing your browser
Uncaught NotFoundError: Failed to execute 'insertBefore' on 'Node': The node before which the new node is to be inserted is not a child of this node.
```

* Disable Zotero Connector will fix this error.

* Ee-enable Zotero Connector and wait for a few seconds will cause this error again.

See details for discussion here: https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/t/error-in-projectify/7831/2

• We'll investigate — thanks.
  • We're getting reports of breakages across a number of sites. We haven't made any changes to the Zotero Connector in over a month, so this would have to be due to some change in the browser or some third-party JavaScript library on the websites. (And we got a report from Firefox too, which strongly points to a library change.)

We'll see what we can do to fix this.
  • It just happens from this morning (Australia Eastern Standard Time).

The same website is working for Edge and Firefox without Zotero Connector. But the same errors after installing Zotero Connector for firefox and edge. No other extensions are installed in firefox and edge (Brandnew installation).

Firefox: 102.14.0esr (64-bit)
    Edge: Version 115.0.1901.203 (Official build) (64-bit)
  • edited August 18, 2023
    OK, this is now fixed. You can disable/enable the Zotero Connector or restart your browser to fix it. If it's still not working after that, close Zotero and then restart your browser again.

We pushed an update to a translator around 3 p.m. ET Thursday that caused this breakage on some sites. We've now reverted that change, and we'll be taking steps to make sure something like this won't happen again.

Very sorry for the trouble, and thanks for all the reports.
  • Thanks for quick fix. I can confirm it is fixed for me.