Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) Not Translating

Not sure what the issue is here. I used the site yesterday no problem, now, I keep getting an error message. Thoughts?
  • I'm getting an error message with EBSCO Host also - "Could not save item" and was able to add info into Zotero yesterday also...
  • Frustrating, isn't it :). Didn't realize how much I depended on my Zotero until it was gone. Any ideas on how we can get them to fix it?
  • Reproduced from a search results page. Individual article pages still save fine for me. EBSCO likely changed their site.

Ticket created.
  • Any update on this? I'm having the same trouble with any EBSCO search. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get a translator issue.
  • Dan, regarding your request that I not double post, the other post was in reference to a different problem than the one suggested by your ticket. The error I am getting is different than the one you reported.
  • If it's a Could Not Save error on EBSCO, then it's covered by the ticket. If they changed their site, there might be various problems, and the translator just needs to be fixed and tested.

If you can provide specific steps to reproduce particular problems, you're welcome to do so here.
  • Thanks for the additional info. Oddly enough, it's working again. I'll reproduce my steps if it fails again.
  • I'm unable to replicate. Let me know if it breaks again and I will look at it. I am going to close this ticket for now.
  • Not sure if this is connected, but capturing data from http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?... results in a proper citation, but the PDF fails to download. Replicable. I arrive at the site via my university.

In know the zotero preferences are properly set as PDFs are auto-captured from other sites like wiley.
  • Can you post the author, title and EBSCOhost database that you had the issue with? EBSCO host links are tied to sessions so I can't see where it was failing.
  • Sure. Here's an example:

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=1&hid=3&sid=c5593410-1520-4a4f-b2ce-7a1723d139ca%40sessionmgr11&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=bth&AN=4685610

Searching Database: Business Source Complete

Swaminathan, J. M. 2001. Enabling Customization Using Standard Operations. California Management Review, 43(3): 125-135.

Thanks for looking into it!
  • hi mcburton,

were you able to replicate this behavior?
  • Hmm... now when I bring up this same title I don't even get a zotero icon in the firefox address bar. While in the search results list, I still do get the zotero folder icon, but trying to use it results in an import error.

Anyone care to share their experience using Business Source Complete by EBSCO?

A
  • I am unable to save fromthe Business Source Alumni edition by EBSCO today (11/17). I receive a standard "could not save item, an error occurred" dialog box when I try. I do have the zotero icon appear in the address window. I connect to EBSCO through my university alumni account. This is the address:

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=6&hid=103&sid=cecdd49b-aecb-4ebb-8cd8-bb7dad4e0562%40sessionmgr111&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=bah&AN=44644948

Tools to Analyze Buzz Are Generating Some More of It. By: Sisk, Michael, American Banker, 00027561, 10/16/2009, Vol. 174, Issue F310
    Database: Business Source Alumni Edition.

Thanks for any insights, changes --

AZ
  • Addendum --

Selecting "Direct Export to EndNote, ProCite, CITAVI, or Reference Manager" sends the citation and a snapshot of an html full article to Zotero perfectly. I am not sure whether the snapshot will replicate again when I am not logged into my university's site, but that is a different issue ...

AZ
  • Any news on this issue?
  • I'm also getting a "Could not save item" message attempting to save a citation from Business Source Premier / EBSCO Host. The first time the Zotero Report Errors function shows: [JavaScript Error: "TypeError: text.match(/T1\s+-\s*(.*)/) is null" {file: "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Stephen/My%20Documents/zotero/translators/EBSCOhost.js" line: 0}] (Report No: 1182265576). I updated my translators manually but the problem still arises.

The second time there's a different error message: [JavaScript Error: "item has no title" {file: "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Stephen/My%20Documents/zotero/translators/EBSCOhost.js" line: 0}] (I tried a different item) (not reported)

Any thoughts? I can always use Google Scholar to work around, but I'm trying to persuade sceptical colleagues to use Zotero :)

Thanks for all the hard work.
  • I'm unable to save directly from http://ehis.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=6&hid=116&sid=547548af-52a6-41fd-b24b-8d7ae3252e38%40sessionmgr114&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=rfh&AN=ATLA0001585701.
    My report Id is: 618455624. Any help is welcome.
    Thanks.
  • Also getting the "could not save item" error in EBSCO. Using Firefox 3.6.3 and Zotero 2.0.3 on Mac OS 10.6.3. Report ID is 89463612.

The Zotero article icon appears in the url line and does show the EBSCO translator when hovered over. When I click the icon, I get the "could not save item" error. I've had this problem off and on for past couple of months with EBSCO. Most recent attempt was with
    Mayer, R. (2006). Learning to Teach Young People How to Think Historically: A Case Study of One Student Teacher's Experience. Social Studies, 97(2), 69-76. Retrieved from ERIC database.