Interpret rather than show HTML markup in titles

edited August 1, 2023
Someone must have asked this before, but I cannot find it. Is there a way for Zotero to NOT display the HTML elements in the user interface, but rather interpret them?
I realize Zotero was developed as a reference manager, and uses html to properly format italics and superscripts in titles etc.

However, I use Zotero predominantly as a paper archive/document retrieval tool, and I spend much more time looking at the Zotero program than the references I generate every now and then. A lot of chemistry papers in my collection, and those titles very often contain italics or subscripts, eg “[i]N[/i] -[(Dimethylamino)-1 [i]H[/i] -1,2,3-triazolo[4,5- [i]b[/i] ]pyridin-1-ylmethylene]- [i]N[/i]-methylmethanaminium Hexafluorophosphate [i]N[/i] -Oxide”

It would be much nicer if Zotero would just show the characters in italics. If that would be terribly complicated, then maybe a toggle to show/not show the markup. It's mainly the titles where this is distracting.
  • It does this already in the middle panel. I think improvements in the right-hand panel are planned but trickier since, if course, that also has to allow editing
  • edited August 1, 2023
    -deleted-
  • No it does not in the middle panel for me. That's really all I would need. All titles show explicit html code. It is shown literally as shown in the right-hand panel.
  • Windows version 5.0.96 (sorry for the spam)
  • edited August 1, 2023
    Update. The current stable version is 6.0.26 -- this was implemented around 6.0
    Edit: And figure out why you didn't auto-update, which should happen out of the box.