Cannot import .ris nor .bib files

I am using 7.0.0-beta.14+f1003a1d1 (64-bit) and cannot import any of the export file formats like .ris, .bib, .rdf saved from Publish or Perish version 8 or from Zotero exports.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for an attempt that fails?
  • Hi Dan:

the only message is "No items imported" Debug ID is D2004985229 Thank you!
  • edited June 24, 2023
    Reset your translators from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • This allows importing to occur - thank you. Does this mean I have to Disable and Reset for every import?
  • No, something corrupted your translator directory. It's unlikely this will happen again
  • I think this is due to Better BibTeX translators remaining installed after upgrading to Zotero 7, which disables BBT. Not sure why they break translation, though.
  • edited June 30, 2023
    For bibtex translation, they are prioritised over the stock translators. The detectImport is the same as the stock importer, so that will succeed, and then the actual import fails.

Since there isn't yet a Z7-compatible BBT, on startup of Z7 BBT will simply not be started, so it can't perform cleanup and remove its translators. I'm close to a Z7-compatible version of BBT, but I'm waiting on news on the async bootstrap handlers (and I'm doing necessary cleanup work in the interim).

edit: that's actually simple to detect, a release is building where the Z6-compatible import translator will just return false in detectImport when BBT is not installed.

no relation with why rdf or ris imports fail. BBT is not involved with those.