Problem with Word for Mac Plug-in

I am having difficulty inserting footnotes into my Microsoft Word for Mac 2008 document from my Zotero account, especially when I try to include multiple sources in a footnote. I get an error message that begins: "Zotero experienced an error updating your document. COMMAND: app(u'Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/...." and it goes on and on (and i can't copy it here because Word won't let me copy the warning box that pops up. What is going on here?
  • Can you take a screenshot of the error message (hold down Command-Shift-4, then press space, then click the window) and email it to support@zot...org with a link to this thread? Also, if you don't mind, sending the document along might help us track down the problem.
  • We've determined that an unmatched bracket can potentially cause this error, but it's possible that there are other causes as well. In the future, can you copy the text from the editor before you click "OK" to add a complicated new citation, and email it to support@zot...org if you get an error?
  • It happened again, and I will send it your way later today. What is an "unmatched bracket"? And is it something that I can control? Thanks for your help.
  • The current version of Zotero doesn't like the { or } characters in citations. This is going to be fixed in 2.0b7.3, but for now, you should avoid these.
  • I think I have a similar issue. When I try to enter a citation into an already existing footnote (as when I refer to multiple documents in a single footnote), I get the following error:

COMMAND: appu(u'/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app').selection.text_object.fields[1].field_code.story_type.get()

This is a significant problem for me as I very often need to refer to multiple sources in a single note.
  • cplong, can you give a report ID?