Beta 7 Cannot import nbib received Mendeley error screen

edited June 21, 2023
I just now updated to: 7.0.0-beta.14+f1003a1d1 I use Mac Ventura 13.4

File/Import
Where do you want to import from? A file is selected with the radio button. Mendeley Reference Manager online import is not selected.

When I click Continue one of 2 things happens

1. A finder window opens but although I see the file I want clicking on it does nothing.
2. After restarting my computer and Zotero I receive a screen that asks me to provide my Mendeley username and password.

I have never had Mendeley on this computer nor have I ever ticked the Mendeley radio button.

After a second shutdown and restart when I try to open Zotero I receive an error message "Problem Report for Zotero" I have sent the error message to support@zotero.org

The forum URL is:
https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/105705/beta-7-cannot-import-nbib-received-mendeley-error-screen?new=1
  • Strange, I don't see this. I also have Zotero 7.0.0-beta.14+f1003a1d1 running on Ventura 13.4. I can see (and select) either "A file (BibTeX, RIS, Zotero RDF, etc.)" or "Mendeley Reference Manager online import". The former opens the OS file explorer. The latter ask for username/password.

I know that the number of add-ons already working with beta 7 is very limited, but by chance, is there any active add-on in your Zotero?
  • I have Zotero PDF Translate and Zutilo both have been disabled since I installed 7 beta.

I have Zotero on another machine also with Beta 7 and I was able to import the nbib file on that machine and edit the records. This may be a glitch that is traced to one computer with a problem beyond the bounds of the Zotero program.

I'll do more investigating of issues with what has been my primary machine. If there are any ideas that can be offered from the "Problem Report for Zotero" that can shed light on this I'd appreciate knowing.

Thank you
  • After restarting my computer and Zotero I receive a screen that asks me to provide my Mendeley username and password.
    This should only happen if you open import wizard (e.g., by using "File" -> "Import" option), then select "Mendeley Reference Manager" and click "Continue". If you arrive at this state in any other way, we would want steps to reproduce.
    1. A finder window opens but although I see the file I want clicking on it does nothing.
    You might have a filter enabled for certain type of files? There should be "Show Options" button that reveals a select input for configuring that.