Problem with references which doesn't are in numerical order

Hello,
I am using zotero with word and I have a problem with my references which are not in numerical order for exemple going from 30 to 36 in the texte (and the number 31-35 are in a table but after this text). Furthermore I deleted a reference but it is still in the bibliography.
Help I am going crazy with this
  • Please say more about the word processor program you are using and its version (MS Word, LibreOffice, Google Docs). Also, Mac, Linux, or Windows. Reference citations inserted in table cells can go unrecognized in some cases.
  • I, too, have most recently encountered this problem. Within the last version upgrades or two (Zotero 6.0.26; LibreOffice 7.5.4.2, plus immediately prior versions), I have seen Endnotes ordering skip around some discontinuities. The ordering in the narrative is fine; it is only in the listing at the end of the document that the discontinuities occur. I have inspected the context.xml of LO, and it does seem like abstracts and duplicate entries may occur at those points of ordering discontinuity, though they are recorded in narrative order properly in the main text. Also, where the endnotes ARE discontinuous, I also see them sometimes presented in the endnote section in reverse order, until the proper order begins again. I have tried some minor ablative tests, but have seen nothing to point to a diagnosis.

I'm hoping any of these observations trigger an aHa! to diagnose what is going on.

Thanks!

Best, Mike
  • BTW, I should also mention that I removed as best I could all direct formatting and replaced them with character styles. That did not correct the problem, as some online sources suggest. There is probably additional context at work.