Zotero Crashing When Using Firefox Plugin

Hello,

I've been experiencing an issue with Zotero where the application crashes whenever I try to use the Zotero Connector plugin in Firefox. This issue started when I was using the Zotero OCR plugin, but it has persisted even after I've stopped using the OCR plugin.

Here's what I've tried so far to resolve the issue:

- I've updated Zotero to the latest version (6.0.26).
- I've updated Firefox to the latest version.
- I've checked that Tesseract and pdftoppm, which are dependencies for the Zotero OCR plugin, are correctly installed on my system. The output of tesseract -v is tesseract 5.3.1 and the output of pdftoppm -v is pdftoppm version 23.06.0.
- I've increased my Zotero storage quota and ensured that I'm not exceeding it.
- I've tried disabling other Firefox extensions to see if there's a conflict.

Despite these troubleshooting steps, the problem persists. Whenever I try to import source information using the Zotero Connector in Firefox, Zotero crashes immediately.

Here's the error report from Zotero:

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/2SL33MH4 failed"]
[JavaScript Error: "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server. See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options. Galtung - 1981 - Social Cosmology and the Concept of Peace.pdf (1527 KB)"]
[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/28RNHF8N failed"]
[JavaScript Error: "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server. See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options. Young_2010_The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Peace.pdf (10351 KB)"]
version => 6.0.26, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.16, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.26, extensions => Zotero Citation Counts Manager (1.3.0, extension), DOI Manager (1.4.2, extension), Zotero INSPIRE Metadata Updater (0.2.13, extension), Storage Scanner for Zotero (5.0.12, extension), Zotero PDF Preview (0.3.7, extension), ZotFile (5.1.2, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (6.0.6.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero OCR (0.6.0, extension)

I would appreciate any help or suggestions to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best,
Anders
  • There's a known bug in Zotero on macOS where plugins that open a progress window (as DOI Manager does) can trigger a crash when external monitors are used. It's fixed in the Zotero 7 beta.