D1216920777

I get a red exclamationmark next to the green sync button and an error: Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]

How can I fix this?
  • edited June 1, 2023
    (Be sure to put "Zotero 7" in the thread title when posting about the Z7 beta.)
    Win error 1224 during operation open on file C:\Users\[…]\Zotero\tmp\DISLT3HM.tmp (Der Vorgang ist bei einer Datei mit einem geöffneten Bereich, der einem Benutzer zugeordnet ist, nicht anwendbar.
    The English error message for this is "The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open."

I'd guess this is caused by security software on your system. Try restarting your computer, and if that doesn't help try temporarily disabling any security software you're running.
  • Sorry for omitting the Z7 indicator.

Restarting didn’t help and I don’t really think a security software was in the way as no such software is installed here besides the standard Windows security tools (Defender and the like).

To make sure this was a Z7 issue, I reinstalled Z6 and the issue was gone. It doesn’t reappear after updating to Z7 beta again.
  • It's a file-download error, so the relevant test would be pasting DISLT3HM into the search bar in All Fields & Tags mode, right-clicking → Show File on the attachment, deleting the PDF from File Explorer, and then double-clicking on the attachment to trigger a redownload.
  • Thank you!
  • To be clear, I was suggesting that you try to reproduce it in both versions and report back. It's unlikely this is specific to Z7, but if it is we'd want to know.
  • Yeah, what I meant was: Thank you for the advice, I'll do so if it occurs again. And I'll report back.
  • edited June 2, 2023
    It wasn't "advice" — I was asking you to try to reproduce the problem you reported with this file so that we can determine quickly whether there's actually any difference with Zotero 7. It's unlikely that there is, but you posted here about the beta, so we'd like to rule it out. You don't have to, but the point of the beta is to find problems sooner rather than later.
  • Sorry, I misunderstood you completely.

But no, I can’t reproduce the issue by triggering the redownload, in either version.
  • OK, thanks.