Word citation plugin uses only Cyrillic for Serbian

I'm using Zotero plugin in Word for in text citations in Chicago 17th (author-date) format. When I select Serbian, it only uses Cyrillic for prefix/suffix and when generating bibliography. For example:

(v. Rasl 1980, Пог. VII)

Or

Aristotel. 2008. Rasprava o duši. Превео Marko Višić. Podgorica: Unireks.

Note that word "Превео" (Translated by) is in Serbian Cyrillic. Serbia is a digraphic country, and I'm writing my thesis in Latin script and would like to use it in Latin. After all, the language selection says "Srpski / Српски".

Am I missing something, or is it not a feature?
  • edited June 1, 2023
    Sorry, there's only one Serbian locale for CSL, and — to the extent that it's implemented at all — it uses Cyrillic. (Same with Zotero's own Serbian locale for the user interface.)

Someone could create a Serbian locale using Latin script, but given that even the Cyrillic one is far from complete, that's probably unlikely to happen unless you contribute it yourself.
  • (It's also a bit of a mess because our language/country codes can't handle the case, though we can probably come up with a workaround if someone is interested in contributing a Serbian Latin locale)
  • The workaround I'm currently using is to use Croatian and then make minor corrections manually (which, of course, changes each time I update the bibliography, so I leave that as the very last step when writing).