Issue with Specific Reference (O'Neil et al.) in Zotero

Hello,

I am encountering a peculiar issue with Zotero where I'm unable to add a specific reference (O'Neil et al.) into my document. I am able to add other references without any problem, but for some reason, this particular one seems to cause trouble.

I have confirmed that the Zotero connector is properly installed in my browser and that the Zotero Word Processor Plugin is installed and functioning correctly with my word processor.

The reference is correctly saved in my Zotero library and includes all necessary metadata. The issue persists even after checking and reformatting the metadata of this specific entry, including manipulating the apostrophe in O'Neil's name, which I thought could have been a potential issue.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem, and are there any suggestions on how to resolve it? I'd appreciate any help or guidance on this matter.

Best regards,
Enoch Alex

• You haven't said what the actual problem is. See Reporting Problems for the info we need to help you.
  • Here is the report id: 396490030
  • Please don't create new threads for the same issue. This is your thread. We just need you to provide the information on the linked page, which you haven't done. As it is, we have no idea what the problem is that you're reporting and have no way of helping you.
  • Report ID: 396490030

I am encountering a peculiar issue with Zotero where I'm unable to add a specific reference (O'Neil et al.) into my document. I am able to add other references without any problem, but for some reason, this particular one seems to cause trouble.

I have confirmed that the Zotero connector is properly installed in my browser and that the Zotero Word Processor Plugin is installed and functioning correctly with my word processor.

The reference is correctly saved in my Zotero library and includes all necessary metadata. The issue persists even after checking and reformatting the metadata of this specific entry, including manipulating the apostrophe in O'Neil's name, which I thought could have been a potential issue.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem, and are there any suggestions on how to resolve it? I'd appreciate any help or guidance on this matter.

To Reproduce:
    1. I selected the spot in Microsoft Word where I wished to add a reference.
    2. A dialogue box appeared, prompting me to enter the authors' names for the reference I wanted to include.
    3. I typed in the name of the first author, O'Neil. Although the name was saved in my library, a catalogue of other references emerged, but not the one I entered.
  • Does the reference you are looking for appear if you just search for “Neil” ?

Can you please copy the name exactly as it appears from your Zotero library and paste it here? Please select the text that is saved in your library and copy and paste it here.
  • Yes, I'm sure it's just a typographic ("curly") quote in the name in the item metadata. Zotero won't currently match a typographic quote if you search using a straight quote, but it will use typographic quotes in rendered citations regardless of the quotes in the metadata. In a future version of Zotero, it will match regardless of the type of quotation mark used in the metadata.
  • I don't know what happened, but it is working now. I just searched for the reference now with ONeil and Neil and it came out. Thanks for your help @bwiernik and @dstillman