meta name html

edited May 23, 2023
Hello,
I create a website with documents and I use metadata to save documents from my website to zotero using zotero connector.

All metadata works except "citation_format" and "citation_place"... I tried with other names like "citation_pages" or "citation_publication_place" but it doesn-t works.
Do you know what I should use?

I also have another problem: when I have an author (DC.creator) and an editor (citation_editor), only the second is displayed. But when I have two authors both are displayed...

What I use :
<meta name="DC.type" content="book"/>
<meta name="DC.title" content="Why is There Philosophy of Mathematics At All ?">
<meta name="DC.creator" content="Ian HACKING">
<meta name="citation_editor" content="editor">
<meta name="DC.publisher" content="Vrin">
<meta name="DC.date" content="2014">
<meta name="DC.language" content="fr; en">
<meta name="citation_isbn" content="978-1-107-65815-8">
<meta name="DC.description" content="Resume">
<meta name="citation_format" content="290 p.">
<meta name="citation_place" content="Cambridge, Royaume-Uni">
  • edited May 23, 2023
    <meta name="citation_editor" content="Surname, Given Name">

see: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev/exposing_metadata

Your [[name="citation_editor" content="EDITOR"]] doesn't provide a editor's name
  • The page linked to by DWL has all citation_ tags recognized by Zotero. place and format are not part of those. Mixing creators from DC and citation doesn't work well. If you want author and editor, use citation_author and citation_editor
  • edited May 23, 2023
    Does Zotero recognize the tag:

meta name="DC.contributor.editor" content="Surname, Given Name"

I've seen that tag used?
    edit- I deleted a space
  • Thank you very much for the problem with the author and the editor. I should have thought of that...

In the DWL link I can see that the number of pages and the location are not there, does that mean that I cannot retrieve them? I searched and tested several other metadata like DC.format ou or DC.publication_place but they doesn't work either... (citation_firstpage and citation_lastpage works for my articles but here I would like to get the total page count)
  • edited May 23, 2023
    You might be able to hack this with eprints terms, but there's generally not a good vocabulary for books for metaheaders.
    I don't see a good option for publisher place. We could look into supporting DC.extent or DC.format for number of pages, but I'd be a bit wary that they're used in all sorts of weird ways in the wild.

edit: here's the relevant code that covers vocabularies other than the citation one
    https://github.com/zotero/translators/blob/master/RDF.js
  • Thank you for the link but I don't really understand how to use it?
    Do I need to add the script to my code and adapt it to my project?
  • No, that's the code that Zotero uses to recognize meta tags -- reading through it would help you figure out what will and won't work, but it's unfortunately not super easy to ready.
  • I see ! Thanks a lot for your help !
  • I've never thought as much about this as I should. Now that I look at an example see:
    DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-98711-4_7-1
    and look at the page header; the magic that the Zotero translator does (to obtain the editors and distinguish them from authors) is awe inspiring. The developers and translator coders have amazing knowledge and skills.