Can't install Libre Office Integration

Hi,
I have used Zotero for quite a while with different systems. After replacing an older libre office installation with the Snap package for Libre Office 7.5 from the Ubuntu Software app on a Ubuntu 22.04 system, I can't install the word processor integration any more. Starting the process via Zotero 6.0.26, the Libre Office directory is not shown. When I try to navigate to the Libreoffice directory via the "Add Directory", no directory is added to the list. Trying manual install tells me "this file does not exist," even though I can see it in the file browser. I suspect this later problem is about permissions, but I don't see how I can change that via the Zotero interface and I don't want to randomly change file permissions via the terminal. Is there an easy fix for this?
Any help is much appreciated.
  • Snaps use sandboxing, so you may need to either overwrite the sandboxing or use a non-snap version.
  • thanks very much @dstillman. Funny, when I did the same process on my laptop it all worked, I think this was the snap of LibreOffice 7.3... Will revert to manual installation of LibreOffice