iOS Share Sheet option doesn't work

I haven't been able to make the iOS share sheet button work. I've searched on these forums and on the Zotero subreddit for answers about this but nobody else seems to have suffered quite this problem. Other users have complained of the share dialog briefly showing a web page as a PDF then reverting to a web page, but I only ever get a web page, regardless of the kind of page I am on. It also takes several seconds for this to load. I just tried it again with the same results, getting the Debug ID D1192161983.

I am running iOS on an iPhone 12 Mini, v 16.0.
  • Providing some sample URLs where you've tested would be helpful in addition to the debug ID. (I wouldn't rely on the subreddit for Zotero troubleshooting)
  • Thanks for the response. I've tried with quite a few different sites, but here are a couple from tandfonline:

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10584609.2023.2198986?af=R

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15358593.2022.2125821

The Safari Connector on Mac OS recognises these as journal articles, so I assume the iOS share sheet should too.
  • That's working for me, but there's definitely something wrong in your debug output. We'll investigate.
  • Thankyou. FWIW, this is also happening on my iPad. I previously assumed the share sheet option didn’t work very well (for anyone) and it’s only recently that I’ve learnt it could be a really very useful feature for me.
  • Has a solution been identified for this problem? Any advice much appreciated.
  • @daffs_ sorry for late response. Can you try installing beta and then open the app, go to Settings -> Debug Output Logging -> Start Logging on Next App Launch. Then kill the app, start it again, wait for 1-2 minutes, stop logging and send the Debug ID here? Thanks!
  • @daffs_ current beta build should include a fix for you. If you have some spare time let us know whether it works for you now. Thanks!
  • The update worked! Thankyou very much for your responsiveness on this - looking forward to using the feature.
  • This fix is now included in the App Store version, so you can reinstall that and leave the beta from TestFlight. Thanks for your help in fixing this!