Word is freezing when trying to add citation

This discussion was created from comments split from: Word keeps freezing when trying to add citation.
  • Hi. I have the same problem. I copied the extensions.json file to the desktop but it was not resolved. It should be noted that extensions.json file is existed in Profiles folder since the randomstring folder is not created on my laptop.
  • edited May 3, 2023
    (Please always start new threads for new issues. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Can you step back and explain, in your own words, what the actual problem is that you're experiencing? See Reporting Problems for the information we need to help you.
  • Report ID: 1810322501
    Hi. my word is freezing most of the times when I wanna add a new reference to my word document.
    I have the same problem as one of the Zotero users had before. So, I've done the steps that was reported by dstillman for copying extensions.json file to the desktop. But there is still freezing.
  • You are running Windows, the other user was using a Mac. Your problems are unrelated. What is the full version number of Word that you are running?
  • Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
  • edited May 3, 2023
    This is not the full version number. The full version of Word can be found under File -> Account or File -> Help in Word.
  • Microsoft word 2016 MSO (16.0.4266.1001) 32-bit
  • You will need to update your Office/Word installation. It is extremely old.