Has cloudme gone bust?

I use cloudme for cloud storage on the advice of people in this community so I thought I'd check here if the service has stopped working for others. My files don't sync (not since beginning of March), I can't get a new download of the program for desktop, and I get no response to an email request for help. They are still taking payments (naturally), but I'm starting to wonder if the business has gone bust. Anyone else have the same experience?
  • This is really puzzling to me. Cloudme claimed 1.5million users at one point, and a bunch of people here used it. Now it seems it no longer works, all its social media appears defunct, yet I can't find any news anywhere about it. I'd rather not give up on it as I don't know how to redo all the links from zotero.
  • I have nothing on cloudme, but assuming you used it as a WebDAV, the links from Zotero are no problem.
    You can just switch to another WebDAV provider (or Zotero File Storage) in the sync preferences and the files will re-sync to the new provider -- should just happen automatically (and if it doesn't, can be easily triggered)
  • OK, thanks, presumably I copy all the pdf files to the new provider first and then it knows how to index and link them? Because the pdfs aren't actually stored anywhere else, right? Sorry, I only have basic knowledge of this stuff.
  • No, the PDFs are all stored locally in your version Zotero (make sure you have sync set to "at sync time"), so you're really just switching the server they're getting synced to. Nothing to move or copy.
  • Ah I see, thanks, guess I'll be giving 4shared a try, but if anyone can clear up the mystery of cloudme apparently ceasing to function please do let me know!