Zotero not capturing bibliographical data from EBSCO Host and others

I am logged into my campus network and am using Zotero to access databases (Ebsco Host, ATLA Religion through Ohiolink) through links on our library's home page. The Zotero icon is present in all instances on the address bar -- the book or journal icon for individual citations or the file icon for a group. So far, so good. But when I click it, only the title, the database name, and the date appear in the created Zotero entry -- NONE of the bibliographic data from ANY EBSCO Host citations; most of the ATLA citations are complete but some are incomplete like the EBSCO ones.

I am using Zotero 1.0.10 (just downloaded today and am trying to learn it) and Firefox 3.5.2.
  • In response to email message from Dan Stillman:

1) When I hover my mouse over the address bar icon all it says is "Save to Zotero (EBSCOHost). Is that the translator?

2) Here is the URL of an article I'm trying to cite: http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?vid=3&hid=103&sid=e2857093-4de1-4479-bb5c-21c9f6705dd8%40replicon103&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=jph&AN=IJP0000082733 Sorry, but what other URLs do you want?
  • that's the correct information -
    Dan has to take it from here -
    it works for me on 2.0b - so, as I said, if software allows, consider upgrading.
  • OK, I updated to the newer version of Zotero (2.0b6.5) and tried again -- still not working. All it gives me is the title, repository (EBSCOhost), and date added.

Aha! Now I just tried searching EBSCOhost again, but instead of choosing the particular database I wanted on our library's homepage (which then brings up the EBSCOhost search page with my database already selected), I went to the EBSCOhost search page and used its Select databases feature to choose the databases I wanted, including the one I had been searching before. This time it worked.
  • Are there still known problems with Ebscohost? When I search for an item, or click on a title, the Zotero icon appears for just a moment in the address bar, but it immediately disappears.
    It allmost looks as if it's being suppressed by the long urls. I'm using 2.0b7.2. Any clues?