Zotero menu grayed-out in Google Docs

I am trying to use Zotero with Google Docs in FireFox. Zotero is working fine when I use it with MS Word, but in Google Docs the Zotero menu is grayed out. How do I fix this?
  • Zotero only works in Edit mode in Google Docs, so make sure you are in it, and not Suggesting mode. There was a bug previously in the Zotero Connector browser extension, that would disable the menu unnecessarily if you put your mouse cursor over the document mode button in Google Docs. Make sure you are running the latest version of the Zotero Connector.
  • This is very helpful. The Zotero menu became active when I switched to Edit mode in Google Docs. I was then prompted to link the document to a library in Zotero. When I did so, I got a message "Zotero is updating your document. Please wait..." However, that message has not changed--apparently the linking process is stuck.
    I've closed the document, Zotero and the browser and retried but I got the same result.
  • I was then prompted to link the document to a library in Zotero.
    Not sure what you mean by this.

If you restart Zotero and your browser and try again, what exactly happens?

Make sure the citation dialog isn't just appearing behind your other windows.
  • It was behind a window. Thanks for your help.