there must be something wrong; initDB

i use zotero in my computer which support windows and mac double systems.when i set save location ,there is such following bugs;

initDB<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:760:12,how can i use zotero,now i can't open zotero,even i redownload the app.of course ,the bug is on the mac system.
  • edited April 4, 2023
    We'd need a full error to say more. See Reporting Startup Errors. This looks like potentially an error checking whether the data directory is writable, though.
    in my computer which support windows and mac double systems.when i set save location
    Do you mean that this is a dual-boot computer and you're setting the data directory to a disk from the other OS? That's not something we can help with. The data directory should be on a native local volume.
  • yes,data directionary is in other os,now what should i do to deal the problem,i try to redownload but not work.
  • If you can't change the data directory via the app, open prefs.js from the Zotero profile directory in a text editor (e.g., Notepad or TextEdit) and delete the "extensions.zotero.dataDir" line.
  • I encountered the same error on my dual-boot Ubuntu system after performing some upgrades. However, I was able to resolve it by specifying a check order for the swap mount point in the Ubuntu's "/etc/fstab" file. It appeared that this issue was affecting the disk mount from Windows. Therefore, I recommend checking the disk's mount settings and ensuring that the current user has full permissions to access the disk.
  • On a Linux-Windows dual-boot machine, one needs to make sure to power off/restart on the Windows side. If you hibernate out of Windows and want to access the Windows partition from Linux, you cannot gain full permissions.
    I use my Zotero folder on Windows from Linux as well and `_initDB<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:760:12` just happened to me too.