loss of zotero funtionality after word plugin update

Hi, my Zotero and word installers, both the newest versions, and Zotero is synced with my online library. I'm using Word 2007 and Vista. I've updated Zotero and the installer with each new release over the past 6 months or so, and everytime, Zotero "forgets" how to read the existing citations in my documents--saying there are no references there. So far, I've just gone back and reinserted them, but that's becoming less of an option and I'm afraid I'll need to switch citation manager programs if this continues. Suggestions?
  • Have you tried adding a new citation to a new document, and then copying and pasting your citations from the old document to the new document?

If that doesn't help, you can send your document to support@zot...org and we'll take a look.
  • That seemed to work, but it's still being a little funky--not formatting all the citations in the same way (some have spaces between author & date, some commas, for example).
  • It's unlikely that that's related. Please start a new thread, and provide specific examples. Keep in mind that, if fields required by a style are missing in the item metadata in Zotero, there'll be spaces for them in the references.
  • Hi, I had this problem too, using word 2007 and Vista. Thanks for the above suggestion - this rescued my citations and saved me a lot of time. Thanks also for the latest update - I particularly like the improvements to the insert citation window - the cursor automatically appears in the search box. Makes such a difference!