OneDrive references

Does Zotero offer some functionality on cloud sharing storage such like OneDrive (when using WORD documents in a team)?
  • You can use Zotero locally in shared Word Documents on OneDrive, yes (note that there's a random bug with spaces in filenames, so avoid those).

You cannot use Zotero in Word online run off the OneDrive Website (or anywhere else)
  • Thanks. I'm looking for a solution to co-write a paper with coauthors where we could all add citations working online, but it seems this is not possible with zotero (or anything, as far as I know).
  • Zotero does work in google docs, so that is an option.
    But as I understand, you can simultaneously edit a single Word document in OneDrive using local versions of Word, so that would de-facto work like an online word processor.
  • Thanks, unfortunately we can only use OneDrive with Microsoft Word, as per university policy.

> you can simultaneously edit a single Word document in OneDrive using local versions of Word, so that would de-facto work like an online word processor

I did not quite get that. Is this online editing?
  • That depends on what exactly you mean by "online editing" -- you're editing in the Word software, not in your browser, but it does allow you to edit the same file from multiple locations at the same time.
  • edited March 16, 2023
    I meant on the browser. Can several people open this document on their ends (not browser, but computers, with LibreOffice or Word) and work and save changes with Zotero at the same time?
  • Yes with Word (there's a "File collaboration" setting in the Advanced Settings of OneDrive for this. It's turned on by default). Not with LibreOffice.
  • I couldn't find that option. Do you mean the "Allow editing" option when sharing a file? We are doing that. I have the word document opened in the browser but I don't see any possibility to use the Zotero add-on there.
  • It's in the settings for the OneDrive app, not in the share settings, but presumably you can ask someone at your university about that if they're requiring Microsoft? That has nothing to do with Zotero really.
    And as I said, Zotero won't show up in the browser.
  • And just to be very clear—simultaneous editing of files in OneDrive is a feature of the local desktop Word program. It doesn’t require working with Word Online in the browser.
  • Thanks. So collaboratively editing a Word document on the Desktop program tracks changes in real time as the online OneDrive platform (I wonder though whether the online version saves changes automatically whereas the Desktop program only when the user saves the document).