Citations no longer syncing

I am collaborating across reference managers (EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero) on a Word document. After recent updates received from a collaborator, I can no longer modify citations or update the bibliography (~190 references).

When I toggle the field codes, the correct citation information pops up, but I cannot edit the citation.

I have tried updating my computer and Word and importing collaborator libraries to no avail.

Thanks for any help.
  • I am collaborating across reference managers (EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero) on a Word document.
    But that's not a thing? Zotero can read citations created with Mendeley Desktop and relink them to items imported from Mendeley, but it doesn't know anything about EndNote citations.
  • Thank you for your comment. The error seemed to have occurred when a collaborator attempted to use EndNote. Those who use Mendeley sent their libraries for import into Zotero.

To clarify, the document seems to have retained citation information but it is no longer accessible for updating or editing.
  • I'm not clear if you're saying here that there's still a problem with Zotero.
  • There is a problem with Word linking to Zotero. Thanks for following up, I may have to manually re-enter my citations if there isn't anything I can try...
  • I don't know what you mean by that. See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of description we need to help you.