Report ID:1091941411

Hi! I was editing the text of a highlight on Zotero iPad with the apple pen, and the app crashed unexpectedly. This happened while I had no internet connection and I could not even re-open the app until I had internet connection again. Hope it helps!
  • @laboaxel we fixed the issue where app wouldn't start when you're offline after crash. But can you reproduce the crash itself?
  • edited March 3, 2023
    Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

Yes, I could reproduce it just a moment ago, now the report ID is 748029122.

It seems to happen with the apple pen specifically (scribble). Some random move I make with the apple pen creates a grey area in the text box and then the app crashes.

However, I was also able to produce the same crash in a different app from Zotero, so I guess I should report this to apple instead!

Cheers

EDIT: found this similar issue for another repo
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/issues/1243
  • @laboaxel this definitely seems like an Apple bug. I was not able to reproduce it personally. If you can reproduce this reliably, can you maybe make a short screen recording and send it to support@zotero.org? I'll try to reproduce and maybe get more info on the issue.