Insert Citation Popup Bug

Somehow my "Insert Citation" popup when using Word has made its way to my second monitor. I've tried dragging it back to the first monitor, but the popup snaps back to the second monitor no matter what I try. How can I get the popup back to my first monitor?
  • edited March 3, 2023
    Having the same issue. Restarting does not fix it. Switching which display is primary does not fix it (display on the wrong, primary display after switching).

Appears to be issue with Zotero app. The settings window appears on the wrong, non-main display even when Zotero is open in the main display. Have tried restarting Zotero and does not fix it.

edit: And I tried upgrading and now the Zotero plugin in Word is no longer working... None of the buttons do anything
  • edited March 4, 2023
    [merged back to this thread — D.S.]

Was having a bug where the Add Citation popup box would appear on the wrong display. Tried upgrading, the plugin stopped working. Restarting both Zotero and Word has the popup coming back again, but now it's going back to the wrong display again. Before when the plugin was not working after reinstall, the Zotero settings window would appear on the main display correctly (previously it would also appear on the wrong display before upgrading). After restarting both Zotero and Word, the plugin is working again, but the popup and the settings windows for Zotero both appear on the wrong display. The first time the settings window was on the wrong display, it was momentarily on the correct display, then snapped over to the wrong display, i.e. it is appearing on the non-main display as set in Windows.

PowerToys Fancy Zones seems to be causing the behavior. Having zones set in both displays causes it to go to the wrong display regardless as to whether it is set as the main display. Having zones set only in the main display keeps the settings window appearing in the correct (main) display. Creating a new zone for the non main display has now totally fixed the problem for the settings window. Thought that would fix everything, but no. The popup window for the Add Citation is still going to the wrong display. Well this has been just a rollercoaster of emotions.