Zotero running slowly

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero running very slowly on macOS monterey.
  • @dstillman I have the same problem over here. I am trying to work in the Zotero web version but it works less for me. I am following the links you suggest but I do not understand the things said there. How can I make the Zotero desktop application work as smoothly as the Web version?
    Or did you maybe find out how @BeingAndyC ?
  • edited February 21, 2023
    (Please start new threads for new issues — it's unlikely your issue is the same as the one in the thread you posted to, and it's harder to help multiple people in one thread. I've moved this to a new thread.)

We'll need you to explain the actual issue you're facing, in your own words.
  • Thanks for the comment/help. So I am currently working in Zotero and it has to load every time I scroll or click or select a phrase. This is only in the desktop application and not in the web Zotero. However, I am doing a lot of marking sentences etc. and that is not that easy in web. Also, the (re)marks are not present when I open the PDFs in Preview. I am working on a MacBook.
    I hope there is anything I could do to fix it.
    If you need any further info, please let me know.
  • it has to load every time I scroll or click or select a phrase
    Can you say more? I'm not sure what you mean by that. We'd also want to see a Debug ID for a specific operation that's slow.
    However, I am doing a lot of marking sentences etc. and that is not that easy in web.
    It's not possible in the web library at all at the moment.
    Also, the (re)marks are not present when I open the PDFs in Preview.
    Explained here: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/annotations_in_database
  • It is not on a specific operation. It has to load on generic things such as loading the preferences tab, load on selecting something, loading with scrolling. D2117264987 is this working?
  • What do you mean by "load", though? There certainly shouldn't be a delay with any of those things. Can you make a screen recording that shows what you're describing, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and email a link to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?