Zotero Connector Unable to Download More Than 40 References from a Search.

Hi,

I'm finding that the Zotero Connector can only download 40 references at a time from a some bibliographic databases I'm working with such as EBSCO and PubMed.

I'm using Chrome and FireFox as my browsers. If I try to download a set of references beyond 40 the connector shows an error. For the time being I'm adding 40 references at a time, but would love to be able to download as many references to the library as I can for the purpose of conducting literature reviews.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Any help or advice would be great.
  • If you are accessing PubMed via EBSCO, you should try directly getting your records from PubMed. Every day I do a PubMed search, select more than 150 records, save and import the nbib file into Zotero. I use Firefox.
  • edited May 12, 2023
    Thanks! You're right!
    I see that PubMed works well beyond 40 results. I was able to get 200 at a time.

Thank you again!
    I used the Export function in EBSCO by first adding search results to a temporary folder and then exporting to an RIS file 50 at a time.

Thanks very much for your responses.
  • I occasionally download more than 500 references from PubMed in nbib format and import them into Zotero. On my machine the process slows a little bit after 150-200 records.
  • I also noticed that he exported RIS files don't include PDFs, but right clicking on one or more records in Zotero allows for finding available PDFs, which seems to work very well.