Transferring to a new computer and cannot download Zotero

Hi

I want to transfer my Zotero records from an old computer to a new one but can't seem to download the software this time. It is a Windows computer. Not sure what I am doing wrong. When I try and run the set up it says it isn't a microsoft verified app and sends me to the app store. I am also getting a message that is can't be downloaded securely when I look at the downloads. Where am I going wrong?
  • Where exactly are you downloading from and is this your on PC or a company managed one?
  • Trying to download Zotero onto my home computer.
  • From which URL?
  • Forgive me for being a technophobe but not sure what that means
  • Yes, that's the one.
  • You would need to tell us what you have done, step by step, with details and the outcome of it. The more information the better. Then we can actually see what's wrong and help.
  • I think the exact text of the messages would be particularly important. I don't think we've seen this and it's certainly not a general issue
  • I am having the same exact issue as the OP. I am running Windows 11 Home in S mode on a new Dell laptop computer. I get a message stating "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app. Installing apps from the Store helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly." There is a button marked "Get apps from Store" and a link called "Change my app recommendation settings." I clicked on the latter link but was unable to figure out how to change my app recommendation settings.
  • That's some Windows setting that blocks apps not from the Windows Store. That's certainly not the default in a standard Windows install, and you should be able to change it. It's not something we can help with, but see this MS Community page for a possible fix.