Slow performance with large library

This discussion was created from comments split from: 2042747733 Zotero crashes on Windows 10.
  • I am having the same issue on a Mac - has this anything to do with a large library? I have 5K items as working with a number of research groups and have Zotero Cloud so not sure what's happening but the performance has been particularly bad since December
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — you posted this to three totally unrelated threads, which is really disruptive. I've moved this to a new thread.)

To start, you have to say what the actual experience is that you're experiencing. We'd also want a Debug ID for an operation that's slow, if that's the issue.
  • Apologies, I was simply confirming that the problem was more widespread to help others. However, yes, I can see that it helps your workflow to have everything on one thread. I will send you a Debug ID once I have worked out how to get this. Cheers, Nazlin
  • Here you are: D426736851
  • edited January 31, 2023
    The debug ID is related to the slow 'everything' search in a large Zotero library. Zotero keeps hanging/freezing. This happened six times when I first reported it. I have to log out of Zotero and back in. It also happens when I am adding a citation in MSWord. The classic dialog box takes forever to find the citation if it has not hung by this time.

Is it related to the number of attachments I have? Would linking these to my iCloud help? I have checked RAM and also recently reinstalled my OS - Ventura 13.0 on my iMac recently. I have 8 GB of memory. Hope this additional information helps. Thanks, Nazlin
  • That debug output doesn't show you actually doing anything. It has to cover the operation in question. See the instructions again.
  • Here you are: D84059950
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through reproducing this, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled…" option? Be sure to wait for the search results to actually appear before submitting the output.