Error 'saveAnnotations' with the rectangle tool

I've observed a problem with the rectangle selection tool in the Zotero Beta PDF viewer.

When using it for the first time after opening a document, a red band shows up at the top of the screen with an error message.

When I add another selection on a different page, I get the same red notice but a different error message. I've pasted both errors here because I couldn't get the code to display properly in the forum: https://pastebin.com/6RzGVyQN

As far as I can see the annotation is saved in the database nevertheless. If there's more information I need to provide in order to troubleshoot this, I'm happy to do so.
  • First, check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.

If that passes, can you provide a Debug ID for Zotero startup through reproducing this error, using the "Restart with Logging Enabled" option?

Does this happen for all attachments, or only a specific one?
  • Thank you for the quick reply!

The database check did not show any errors.

I could replicate the problem with several files (but this time only the first error message showed up) and have submitted a report with the ID D1499895037
  • I'm having similar issues here with no errors when checking for database integrity.

Whenever the error pops up, the subsequent rectangle tool usage will not cause additional error message. It seems that the longer the time passage since an error message pops up, the more likely the error message is to pop up again if I were to use the rectangle tool.
  • The problem above was from over a year ago, from before Zotero 6 was released.

If you can still reproduce this, we'd want the same information I ask for above.
  • I meet the same error just after I wanna note something in the used rectangle area. The report error ID is D385191696.
  • edited 20 days ago
    @holy_aba

1) Does the error persist if you disable all third-party plugins?
    2) Could you also test Zotero 7 beta?
  • Thanks a lot! I just disable all the third-party plugins and restart, but that bug is still there. However when I restart it again and now that error has gone.

My Zotero is 6.0.35 and I am happy to do that test.
  • edited 19 days ago
    Let us know if you still see it in Zotero 7 (the current beta or when it comes out).