Invalid sync state undefined

Zotero will not refresh properly and allow collaborators to view PDFs that I have uploaded. The citation is uploaded, but the PDF icon is greyed out and they can't open the PDF. I also cannot view PDFs that they have uploaded.

Report ID: 1646251100
Debug ID: D1517348192
  • If you check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences, does it pass without errors?
  • @KERreference: And if so, can you install the Zotero beta and provide another Debug ID for that? The beta should log a little bit more information to help us debug this.

(You can just download the ZIP version of the beta, extract it to a folder, and run zotero.exe from there, leaving your existing installation in place.)
  • Thank you for the reply! I checked the database integrity and it did not pass without errors. It did fix the errors and restarted, but the same sync error is still occurring.

I tried the Zotero beta install and got another Debug ID: D1160982456. I hope the install was performed correctly! It took no time to open the Zotero app once clicking zotero.exe from the unzipped folder, so I am hoping it did install properly.
  • It did also generate this report (Report ID 1241339140):

/groups/4806930/items/ATEJQ94F/file" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/zfs.js" line: 201}]
    Zotero.Sync.Storage.Mode.ZFS.prototype.downloadFile 6.0.19-beta.15+6374aea1c, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.19-beta.15+6374aea1c, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.3.SA.6.0.19-beta.15+6374aea1c, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.2.SA.6.0.19-beta.15+6374aea1c, extension)
  • Can you try again now?

Have you used the iOS app by any chance?
  • It is working now, thank you!

I have not tried the iOS app.
  • OK, glad to hear it's working. A previous bug in the iOS app is just one way we knew this could happen. Let us know if it happens again.