iPad share function not working

Good morning,
I use both Chrome and Edge on my IPad Pro. When I download citation information to either browser and use, nothing happens when I use the the share function to import the info. into Zotero. I have used up my troubleshooting bag of tricks to resolve this. I would appreciate suggestions about fixing this. Thanks much!
Dave
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "When I download citation information". What's a specific URL you're trying to save from, and what exactly happens?
  • Thanks for replying, and sorry for not being clear. I am using our university library. When I find an article that I need, I click on the link on the university library page to download as Zotero. That opens a new page which has the complete reference information. I open Zotero. I then go to the Share button at the top right of the browser. That opens a list of possibilities for sharing, one of which is Zotero. When I click on Zotero, nothing happens.
  • Try using the share function straight from the library catalog; don't use the library's export to Zotero function (you should almost always ignore such functionality for Zotero).
  • (Also, there's no need to "open" Zotero first on iOS — that doesn't even really mean anything there. You can just go to the Share sheet from the catalog entry or any other page you're saving.)
  • Thank you! Helpful comments.