requesting change to citation style: "University of Winchester - Harvard"

Hi,

Regarding the generation of references / bibliography.

1) All types should be terminated with a ".", for example:

Marr, B. (2015) Big data : using smart big data, analytics and metrics to make better decisions and improve performance. Chichester: Wiley

Should have a "." after Wiley. This is also true for all other types. For example, type "Web Page" finishes with date accessed e.g. [Accessed 2 January 2023] There should be a "." after date accessed. Please add a final "." to every type.

2) The date after author(s) should always be (YYYY). Currently type "Book" lists correctly, with regard to the date after the Author, (YYYY), for example:

Marr, B. (2015) Big data : using smart big data, analytics and metrics to make better decisions and improve performance. Chichester: Wiley

Other types should also list the date after author as (YYYY). For example, type "Web Page" is currently: Microsoft (07/12/2022) it should be Microsoft (2022).

Many thanks.
  • Do you have a link to the current guidelines?
  • Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me.

The latest style guide is dated 6th October 2022, published as a pdf. In terms of a direct link to an official University of Winchester page, it is on the intranet, so a user log-in is required.

I have put it on Google Drive, here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrqCHqO6EjdLqsem3nWxp4JYrYtjzIm9/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for anything you are able to do, it is much appreciated.
  • Hi,

Wow, what can I say? Thank you!

I've updated to the new .csl, those things I'd mentioned are updated and my reference list is looking great.

Many thanks for doing this, and so quickly too. I have 2 deadlines this week, so these updates really do help.

This level of support is first-class. All on a voluntary basis right? Couldn't be matched by a commercial support programme. Superb. I looked to make a donation, but there doesn't appear to be an option. So I've taken out a subscription plan. I'll be sure to spread the word on Mastodon. I'll donate my time, in whatever way I can contribute effectively (code, documentation - whatever), though my back is against the wall with deadlines just now, but that will pass.

Thanks again.
  • Great!

I'm one of the volunteers on the CSL project. We work closely with Zotero, but are an independent Open Source project and our styles are used by many different softwares.
    We have a Sponsor button here on our repo (see on the right), but thank you for getting the Zotero subscription. Indirectly that also helps. ;)
    https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles
  • Ah, of course, that makes sense. So, CSL is an independent project.

I've just sponsored the project on GitHub.

Thanks again.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the work on the Winchester Harvard csl file. Been using it for a week, it's looking great.

Can that now be promoted to appear in the Zotero list search results (replacing the 2018 version)?

Thanks
  • edited January 20, 2023
    It will, once it has been reviewed. There is a backlog for that also and it'll take a few more weeks.
  • Great, thanks.